- FACT: The use of the mobile Web has increased 82% from July 2011 to July 2012 and app usage time has more than doubled
- FACT: Customers are using mobile to find your competition.
Source: Google “Understanding Smartphone Users,” 2011
- FACT: Not having a mobile experience can lose you business.
Source: Compuware, “What Users Want from Mobile,” 2011
- FACT: Your customers prefer apps over mobile websites.
Sources: comScore, Alexa, Flurry Analytics, 2012
Today more people are using smartphones than their PCs in buying services and products, checking reviews, getting directions, making appointments, filling out forms, and interacting with social media. Small businesses are now getting on board and developing their own business footprint in a mobile app. In fact, more consumers are now looking at your competitors on smartphones than ever before.
But beware of building an app just for the sake of having an app. Otherwise you’re going to end up with something that nobody really wants to use.
To avoid the pitfalls, medical professionals should be able to answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Will your mobile app inform your patients of new services and products while they are on the go?
- Will your app supply patient forms for them to fill out and send in before their appointment?
- Will your app give GPS directions to your offices?
- Will your app give GPS coupons to patients who check in?
- Will your app be able to book appointments?
- Will your app be able to sell products like skin care products or supplements?
- Will your app be able to offer testimonials for other viewers?
- Will your patient be able to share your app with friends and colleagues?
- Will your app be able to show before & after photos of patients?
- Will your app have one-touch dialing to your office?
- Will your app be able to send messages on sales and promotions straight to a smartphone?
If those questions are answered in the affirmative, the next step is to meet Lisa for a complimentary consultation. She will go over your goals, your target market, and necessary functionalities. Lisa Marie Wark, MBA is an Apple Developer and Google Play/Android Developer. To view Lisa’s portfolio, please visit her other business, www.BuyYourApp.com.